ROUGE VIF EVENTS TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL EMAILING CAMPAIGN
A successful event, whether it is in person, hybrid or virtual, depends on many details: powerful messages, a format adapted to your objectives, an agenda created according to your messages and targets, strategically articulated key moments, an attractive communication and an efficient emailing campaign, a network of high-quality providers, flawless coordination, an effective post-event reporting, etc.
One of the key factors for the success of an event lies in the communication ahead of the event, and especially the emailing campaign, which will ensure to attract your target to register to your event.
This campaign must be carefully prepared in order to guaranty its effectiveness. Indeed, the emailing campaign is crucial as it will be the window of your event and will ensure the participation level on D-day. It includes, among other things, your save the date, your invitation, your reminders and thank-you email.
Here are some elements which seem important to take care of:
- Create a customized email address: it is recommended to send your emails via a customized email address, or at least a dedicated email address. Indeed, if your emails come from a known contact, such as your sales team, or from an email address dedicated to your event, your emails will be less likely to end up in the dreaded “spam” folder of your guests and will more likely be opened and read.
- Prepare a striking subject line: the subject line is the first thing your target will see. In a time where everyone is overly requested and extremely busy, the subject line of an email is very important. It will define whether your email will be opened or simply deleted without being read. The subject of your email should be short, attractive and impactful.
- Choose a good pre-header: this famous line, which appears on many mailboxes offering a sort of teaser of the content of your email, is also an important detail to ensure a good opening rate for your emailing campaign.
- Use an up-to-date database: of course, it is essential to make sure that your contact database has been updated before sending your emails in order to ensure that everyone you wanted to invite will receive all the information required.
- Create an efficient and attractive design, using the colors of your company or your event. Once the email is open, you need to keep the attention of your readers and generate interest. A good-looking email is more likely to be read because it will be pleasant to look at – and so more pleasant to read! You also need to plan for a responsive design, as your emails must be readable on both computer and smartphone.
- Write personalized messages, mentioning the name of your readers, or better yet including a customized introduction note. This will encourage your guests to keep reading and encourage them to join your event.
- Create informative, short and engaging content. Now that your email has been opened and has raised the interest of your target, you need to hold their attention. Your emails must be short (2 to 3 minutes of reading maximum) and include all the key elements that you want to share about your event (date, agenda, speaker, topics, etc.), while highlighting the advantages of the event and why they need to participate.
- Encourage a call to action: once the interest of your future participants has been awakened, you need to encourage them to take action by introducing a registration link. This link can be hosted on your own website, the website of your event or an external website created in the colors and identity of your event or company.
- Finaly, choose the right timing, adapted to your target and your event. Avoid sending your emails during school vacations or bank holidays (take in consideration the countries where your target is located). If you are targeting a B2B audience, aim for a mailing between 8am and 10am on Thursday for example. Also, remember to create a reverse schedule of the entire emailing campaign to stagger your mailing over time.
All of these elements are some of the most important aspects of your emailing campaign, which need to be thoroughly planned in order to ensure that your communications are read and appreciated. Finally, once all these aspects are implemented, you can create an efficient emailing campaign to ensure a maximum participation rate!
#GroupeRougeVif #events #marketing #eventmarketing #eventplanning #eventtips